Droit Financial Technologies
DevOps/Client Support Engineer
New York, NY, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Casual dress
- Profit share scheme
- Up to 20% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Work-life balance
- Generous profit share scheme
- 20% yearly bonus
- Full-stack clojure development
- Full benefit coverage
To sum it up...
The role requires engagement across development, product and operational teams to ensure Droit’s enterprise software products are successfully built, tested and supported in production. Successful candidates will demonstrate skills in build engineering, site reliability engineering, and client support. At Droit, DevOps is involved in the full lifecycle of product development, from inception to deployment, optimization, and daily operation. You
will implement solutions that increase the velocity of product delivery, while identifying and resolving problems before they become production issues.
As part of the technical infrastructure team you will have direct interaction with internal and external clients. You will be expected to systematically troubleshoot and resolve issues and address incoming client inquiry.
We’re looking for candidates who enjoy working with others to solve challenging and interesting problems, and who approach problems with an analytical, detail-oriented mind set. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established and fast expanding FinTech business serving some of the most sophisticated financial institutions in the world.
• Experience working with and managing clients and external partners.
• Ability to optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• Previous experience in DevOps at an enterprise software firm.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with great attention to detail.
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functional and global teams.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated innovation and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to accurately prioritize and execute against multiple deliverables.
• Commitment to delivering an exceptional client experience.
• Degree educated with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (e.g. Java, Clojure, Python).
• Experience designing, building and administering scalable cloud-based architectures, both for internal and client-facing software deployment. AWS experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies.
• Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, including continuous integration / delivery pipelines.
• Experience configuring, managing and optimizing internal and external-facing networks. Demonstrated knowledge of network fundamentals.
• Proficiency with logging infrastructure and tools.
• Experience securing application, network and machine infrastructure to enterprise standards. This includes Identity and access management, data protection, encryption, and key and certificate management.
• Experience meeting enterprise standards for BCP and disaster recovery.
• Experience writing technical documentation.
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
Droit was founded in 2012 by a team of veteran derivative traders, quants, e-commerce specialists and technologists with front-line experience and expertise with products, markets, regulations and systems. Our mission is to provide our clients with robust, enterprise infrastructure facilitating compliant and optimal trading of derivatives and other financial instruments across asset classes, global regulatory regimes, CCP’s and execution platforms Our systems help our clients focus on key aspects of their daily business without distraction while ensuring that they “Trade Right”.