Security Engineer - Product
New York, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working
To sum it up...
🏦 We are The Mobile Bank.
💡 Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
🔨We need Security Engineers that can build tools to achieve this!
N26 Inc. is looking to build out our security and technical operations team in NYC 🗽. As an early hire, you will be directly responsible for
defining and implementing security programs and practices to support a growing, global fintech company. Working closely with your counterparts in Berlin and Barcelona, you will focus primarily on concerns for our
impending U.S. launch - in particular, partnering in the oversight of our InfoSec compliance programs. We also aspire to build best practices that apply to all global regions and set a precedent for an exceptional security posture throughout our future global expansion 🌍.
What You'll Be Doing
- Active and automated security testing ✍ - to strengthen our internal and external applications and services. Use system engineering to architect and build out solutions that extend the state of the art for cloud-native infrastructure. Build software tools to integrate and automate security as part of our SDLC. Advise and train your colleagues in the engineering organization on emerging threats and updated best practices for developing secure microservices.
- Define, Build, and Implement Security Programs 👩💻👨💻 - building a strong, local InfoSec program is integral to launching in the U.S. You will participate in the oversight and implementation of these programs such as conducting third-party due diligence to assess security risks. In the event of an incident, you’ll conduct forensics to piece together the probability and extent of a breach. You’ll also perform regular training, audits, and reviews as maintained by our compliance standards.
- Technical Operations 🔧 - You’ll lay the groundwork for our office networks, asset inventory, and software access management. As the US representative for TechOps, you’ll work with the people team in the onboarding (and potential offboarding) of employees hardware and software access.
- Software and Systems Engineering 💻 - as a key member of the engineering organization, you will advise the backend teams on security-first software and systems development practices. During regular code reviews, your participation with an eye towards security design and thread modeling will catch potential flaws before they are released into production. Our understanding of secure microservice architectures is continuously enhanced by your proactive research into new attack vectors
Our Preferred Background
- Be passionate about information security
- Deep technical knowledge in: Cloud and network security, Web application security, Mobile security.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and working with scalable software.
- Software engineering experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Has a knack for finding flaws in software and can effectively communicate how to fix them
- Familiarity with fuzzing as a way to find bugs
- Strong knowledge of secure coding best practices, the OWASP top 10
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement
- Adversarial thinking and loves fighting the bad guys
- Ability to be hands-on and drive solutions to completion.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team 🌎
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- A "get-things-done" attitude 👊
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale 📈
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and the University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu, and Hebrew 🚀🚀
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
N26 was founded by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal who reimagined the retail banking experience for today’s mobile lifestyle. Since the initial product launch in 2015, N26 has grown to include more than 2.5 million customers across 24 European markets — with plans to enter the US in 2019. The firm has raised more than USD 500 million from some of the world’s most well-known investors, including Insight Venture Partners, GIC - Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures. N26 has more than 800 employees based in in Berlin, New York and Barcelona, who are concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. With its full banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 is redesigning banking for the 21st century.
- Late Stage Venture
- flexible working
- Flexible Working
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working